PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Cannot view in 3D (the 3D option is not existent)
Topic Summary: with CS ChemBioDraw Ultra 12.0
Created On: 5/28/2012 8:49 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 5/28/2012 8:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Synergy

I recently downloaded CS ChemBioDraw Ultra (12.0) (for Mac) and have a 1-year license through my university. I am trying to view structures in 3D space but the "Show Chem3D Preview Window" option under the View menu (as the manual states) is not existent. I cannot find and do not know of another way to view structures in 3D. I believe my version does support 3D viewing capability, since it is the ChemBioDraw Ultra version, but perhaps my 1-year university license limits this function? Does anyone know how to fix this so I can visualize chemical structures in 3D?

Thanks!

5/29/2012 12:28 PM

CS RNA

Currently Chem3D application is available only for Windows not Mac. Hence it is not possible to get the 3D view using ChemBioDraw Ultra (For Mac)

-------------------------

- PKI Support

5/29/2012 6:46 PM

Synergy

Ah, thanks! Do you happen to know or (have an estimate) when Cambridgesoft will eventually develop Chem 3d capabilities for mac?

5/30/2012 12:31 AM

CS RNA

Please note that CambridgeSoft stopped development of Chem3D for the Macintosh nearly 10 years ago, and stopped development of ChemFinder for the Macintosh over a decade ago. In the time since we made those decisions, we have received very few inquiries about updated versions of those products. Since Mac OS X did not exist a number of years ago, neither of those products are Mac OS X native. In fact, starting with our 9.0 release, we no longer provide Chem3D or ChemFinder for the Mac in any form. As a commercial software company, CambridgeSoft must focus on those products that have the largest user base. We have noted and value you suggestion and will continue to stay aware of the changes in our market. In contrast to Chem3D and ChemFinder, ChemDraw *does* have a significant user base, and we continue to enhance and support ChemDraw. The latest release of ChemDraw is Mac OS X native OS X support started with version 7.0), and has many new features compared to the older versions.

We would love to be able to release new versions of Chem3D and ChemFinder for the Macintosh, and we will do so if we hear enough demand for them. Based on the resounding lack of demand over the years, however, I'm afraid it's not very likely.

- PKI Support

5/27/2020 2:59 AM

orlahirish

Hi! Do you know how I can get university license for my project? Is it provided to the university representative or can a single student get it seperately?

Edited: 5/27/2020 at 9:30 AM by PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum Moderator
 5/27/2020 9:33 AM

CS RNA

From version 17.0 we provide the installer as well as the activation code through Flexnet Download Center. Please search for your institution in the following page.

https://informatics.perkinelmer.com/sitesubscription/

Then create an account in the Flexnet Download Center.

You will get the activation code after login in the Flexnet using your account. You need to click the Order History under Software & Services.

Please note from v19.0 Site subscription, or individual Subscription & Term customers upgrading from v17, or v18 do not require an activation code to activate the product.

i.e
If you are trying to install v19.0 on a machine which already installed and activated (using your Site Subscription (or Subscription & Term license) activation code) v18.0/v17.0, then you won't get the activation prompt for v19.0. If you are trying to install v19.0 on a new machine then you can use your v18.0 activation code to activate the product.

From v19,0 our subscription activation codes are version less, so you can use your v19.0/v18.0/v17.0 activation code to activate v19.0/v19.1 (as well as v18.2, v18.1, v18.0, v17.1 and v17.0)

If you need any assistance to get your activation code or information about your site subscription, please contact your Tech Admin

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.