Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Bold Blue Boxes around hetero-atoms, ChemDraw 12.0.2 Std
Topic Summary:
Created On: 9/20/2012 3:43 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 9/20/2012 3:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dsun pacbio

I recently installed ChemDraw 12.0.2 Std.

When the cursor move over the structues, the heteroatoms behind the path of the cursor appeared to be selected in bold blue open boxes, while carbons were in solid small blue squares (but they were not selected, not responded to an action). All the boxes and squares disappeared once you click somewhere else in the page.

My laptop runs on Window 7 Professional.

I noted that a real selected heteroatom appeared in solid blue box and carbon appeared in thin blue open box.

Kind of annoy!! Any fix?

9/21/2012 2:36 AM

Sue

It sounds like something is wrong with your cursor. Please try this way:

Go to Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items ->Display, and keep display settings at "Smaller - 100% (default)".
-------------------------

- PKI Support

Edited: 9/27/2012 at 1:07 AM by Sue
 10/1/2012 1:52 AM

dsun pacbio

Tried and its not working! Anyother suggestons?

10/4/2012 10:20 PM

CS RNA

If I understand correctly, you are trying to select an atom or a fragment of the structure and you are moving the mouse pointer over the structure to select. Is that accurate?

If so, please try to select the atom(s) or part of the structure or full structure/object by after selecting the “Lasso” or “Marquee” tool (present in the first row) from the ChemDraw main tool bar.

Also make sure that the “Tolerance” value is 5 in Preferences dialog box (you can open the Preferences dialog box by selecting the Preferences from the ChemDraw File menu)

Does this help?

If you need further assistance, please visit http://www.cambridgesoft.com/contact/support/ to submit a ticket

- PKI Support

10/5/2012 3:55 PM

dsun pacbio

I have used ChemDraw software for over 15years.

I am not trying to select any structure or part of a structure or atom(s). I just move my cursor to draw or to erase from one point to another point in the page, no clicking of the mouse. The atoms of any existing structures after the trail of the cursor were highlighted in blue boxes. That's bothering me!

Also, I changed the Tolerance up or down from 5 point and saw thicker or thinner boxes on atoms after the cursor trail.

Thanks for reading!

10/9/2012 1:32 AM

CS RNA

Thank you for the update.

If I understand correctly, you got the highlighted blue boxes while moving the mouse pointer over the structure containing hetero atoms. Is that accurate? If so, that is the normal behavior of ChemDraw. Unfortunately it is not possible to disable this feature.

- PKI Support

10/11/2012 10:07 PM

dsun pacbio

Your description and understanding were correct!! However, this was not the feature in ChemDraw 11, nor in ChemDraw 10, and as far as I can remember not even in ChemDraw 7. Why would you make the mouse cursor like a paint brush that colored everything in its path?

Is your ChemDraw look loke this (see attached, can I?)?

10/12/2012 12:23 AM

dsun pacbio

To clarify, the blue boxes did not disappear after the cursor moved away.

10/12/2012 7:13 AM

CS RNA

Can you please retest the problem in Safe Mode?

If the problem does not occur in Safe Mode, you could contact the manufacturer of your video driver to see if there is a more recent driver available (which you can usually download from their web site for free).

See your Windows Help for instructions for booting into Safe Mode for your version of Windows.

If you need further assistance, please visit http://www.cambridgesoft.com/contact/support/ to submit a ticket

- PKI Support

8/11/2014 8:47 AM

kylemax

Many of these issues can be avoided by following some simple rules. Always keep your software up to date. That means using the latest operating system not the windows xp. Then regularly update both your antivirus and chemdraw. If our license allows you then do not hesitate to upgrade chemdraw.

Edited: 5/8/2015 at 12:19 AM by PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum Moderator

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.