Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 2-methylcyclohexan
Topic Summary:
Created On: 5/11/2013 4:31 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 5/11/2013 4:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

beowuff

hi use chembio3d 12 and found out that when I try to manipulate a simple cyclohexan that I can´t get the methyl group in an upward position. Either the substituent rotates around its binding axes or the rest of the molecule rotates but that s not what I want. I cannot manipulate the other carbons and rotate them in their position so that the hydrogens move up a little. Clicking an atom makes it just movable up and down but not rotational around its spherical axis. Why is it so?

Thank you for your help in advance

5/11/2013 2:38 PM

beowuff

sorry i surely can´t rotate it but to bring the methyl group from equatorial to axial is pretty difficult. Is there a way to make this easier?

5/14/2013 11:44 PM

CS RNA

If I understand correctly, you are trying to manipulate methyl cyclohexane in ChemBio3D 12 application. Is that accurate?

If so, by default the methyl group only present in the equatorial position of the cyclohexane chair confirmation. Are you trying to place the methyl group in the axial position?

If you need further assistance from our Tech Support Team, please visit http://www.cambridgesoft.com/contact/support/ to submit a ticket.

-------------------------

- PKI Support

5/15/2013 2:31 PM

beowuff

yeah thanks for your answer you are right

I tried it now with the move tool and clean up but wasn t that successful ;(

5/22/2013 3:51 AM

CS RNA

As we mentioned early, the methyl group (in methyl cyclhexane) occupy only the equatorial position *which is a low energy confirmation* in ChemBio3D. It is not possible to place the methyl group (in methyl cyclhexane) in the axial position.

-------------------------

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.