Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Apple Keynote 6/Chemdraw 13.02 broken
Topic Summary: No round trip editing with the new Keynote
Created On: 10/24/2013 11:51 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/24/2013 11:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

greg

I just upgraded to Mac OS 10.9 with the new Keynote 6 for testing. I am using ChemDraw Pro 13.02. I wish to report that chemdraw files pasted into Keynote cannot be copied and pasted back into ChemDraw. In addition, if you open old Keynote files in Keynote 6 all the ChemDraw cannot be copied and pasted. It pastes into Chemdraw as a picture with an all black background.

In Mac OS 10.9 with Keynote 5 - round trip editing still continues to work.

I hope there is a fix to this soon. In the meantime - save your original ChemDraw files if you need to edit for Keynote 6 or do not upgrade.
 10/25/2013 5:18 AM

CS RNA

The current version of ChemDraw/ChemBioDraw (13.0.2) was developed and released prior to the release of Mavaricks (Mac OSX 10.9.x). Therefore, ChemDraw/ChemBioDraw 13.0.2 has not been officially tested and qualified under this operating system.

We hope to support Mavaricks in future release. We have no information as to when this issue will be addressed at this time, but all new releases and patches are announced in the Inside Informatics Newsletter weekly email.

-------------------------

- PKI Support

6/14/2014 6:36 PM

kumar

Greg! Everytime I've ask them for any solution, I never received any appropriate solution. Although you pay the same to purchase the license for mac or for windows, there are so many features that are not available for mac OS. The standard reply to me was "we have more windows customers than mac customers". I found this completely absurd. I really wish there will be a new software company that can provide a friendly customer service and appropriate solutions to the discrepancies in windows vs mac OS.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.