PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: access violation in Chemfinder Ultra (14.0.0.117)
Topic Summary: get access violation when scrolling through a hitset
Created On: 4/10/2015 5:11 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 4/10/2015 5:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

leroi

Over the past years I have prepared a database of chemical reactions.

Previously I have been working with version 11.0.

Now we have upgraded to version 14.0 and I am getting "access violation"-notification when I am scrolling through a hit-set. Searching in the database is no problem and it selects the appropriate hits. But when I want to click on to the next hit I frequently get the "access violation"-notification.

When I use the old (version 11) database in the upgrade chemfinder ultra I do not have these "access violation"-notifications.

What could cause this problem?

thanks in advance.

4/10/2015 10:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CS RNA

Do you get the access violation error on any other database? Does the problem happen even with our sample databases?

The sample database can be found:

C:\ProgramData\CambridgeSoft\ChemOffice2014\ChemFinder\samples

Please try opening cs_demo.cfx or any other database in Samples folder using ChemBioFinder 14.0.

Also, please search for "dao360.dll" on your system. If dao360.dll exists, retest the problem after registering the dll

To register the dll

1. Go to start menu, All Programs then Accessories and select "Command Prompt" and right click and click on the "Run as administrator"

2. Type regsvr32 and type the file name with the correct path with the space So the command line should look like:

regsvr32 "C:\........\dao360.dll"

3. Click OK. You should get the message that it's registered successfully.

4. Now retest the problem.

Does this help?

If the problem is specific to database can you please send us the database files, so that we can test it out here. Please visit http://www.cambridgesoft.com/contact/support/ to submit a ticket, to get assistance from our Tech Support Team

-------------------------

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.