Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Arrow key, possible bug?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 8/17/2010 3:03 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 8/17/2010 3:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Tyrosine

I remember having this problem once before but can't recall the solution. In ChemBioDraw Ultra 12, when I lasso a drawn object and then try to nudge it using the arrow key sometimes it just continues to slide across the page until it hits the edge. At that point the program becomes unresponsive, requiring a forced restart. It's like I was just holding down the arrow key continuously. I have tried another keyboard and that's not the problem. This is with a fresh install of ChemBioDraw Ultra 12 on a new computer running Windows XP. I suspected it might be some accessibility option like sticky keys but that's not it. All of those options are turned off, and the problem only occurs in ChenDraw. Any suggestions?
 8/18/2010 9:09 PM

Tyrosine

Okay, one more piece of information that may help. In trying lots of things to stop this behaviour I selected the ChemDraw program and went to Properties -> Compatibility -> and "turn off advanced text services for this program". Now when selecting an object and pressing an arrow key (once) the object still continues to march across the screen, but now pressing the same arrow key again will stop the movement, like a toggle. Still annoying but not to the point of making the nudge option non-functional.
 8/18/2010 10:56 PM

CS RNA

May be it is specific to your machine/environment/driver conflict. Possibly a video driver conflict; can you please retest the problem in Safe Mode?

Boot into Safe Mode and retest the problem. If the problem does not occur in Safe Mode, you could contact the manufacturer of your video driver to see if there is a more recent driver available (which you can usually download from their web site for free). See your Windows Help for instructions for booting into Safe Mode for your version of Windows.

If you still run into any problems, please contact support@cambridgesoft.com

-------------------------

- PKI Support

8/20/2010 1:42 AM

Tyrosine

I don't see how it could be a video driver problem but to test I did what you suggest -- updated the video driver to the latest version and also tried in safe mode. The problem persists. I remember the first time this happened (when my previous computer was new, 3 years ago) it was something relatively simple; some setting either in Windows XP or in ChemDraw itself that needed to be changed. But for the life of me I can't remember what it was.
 8/24/2010 12:00 AM

CS RNA

Thank you for the update.

As I mentioned early please contact support@cambridgesoft.com. Some one will contact you and provide a solution after diagnosing the problem

-------------------------

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.