Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Chemdraw Prime 15 copy and paste completely broken
Topic Summary:
Created On: 8/24/2016 2:13 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 8/24/2016 2:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

greg

I have recently upgraded to Chemdraw Prime 15 on Mac OS 10.11.6.

I am now unable to copy and paste anything from Chemdraw to most applications. It seems the clipboard is just empty after copying. I used to be able to paste as PDF into Office 2015 documents. That no longer is an option. I used to be able to copy and paste back and forth with Apple Keynote - that no longer works. I used to be able to copy and paste into a new Preview document to create an image. That no longer works. Word in Office 2011 does seem to work but I don't know how long that is going to be supported at my university.

My only work around now is to copy and paste the chemdraw into a clean new chemdraw document and save it as an image to use in other applications. The ability to copy and paste within chemdraw tells me SOMETHING is in the clipboard. This has now tripled the time it takes me to prepare presenatations. And let's not talk about editing afterwards.

Help? I don't think everyone has this problem. Is there something interfering with my clipboard that is not compatible?

Edited: 8/24/2016 at 2:28 PM by greg
 8/25/2016 5:42 AM

Markus

Everyone has the same or a similar problem. There are lots of other posts where people discribe the same problem. I also can't copy and past anything out of Chemdraw into a Office App. Some people are able to us Paste as PDF, but this is not working for me. I'm not sure if this is a problem with Chemdraw or with Office.

Markus

Everyone has the same or a similar problem. There are lots of other posts where people discribe the same problem. I also can't copy and past anything out of Chemdraw into a Office App. Some people are able to us Paste as PDF, but this is not working for me. I'm not sure if this is a problem with Chemdraw or with Office.

Markus

8/26/2016 5:49 PM

PKI Ortega

Hello,

If you haven't yet, please go ahead and submit a support ticket here:

http://www.cambridgesoft.com/contact/support/form/

Our Support Team will be more than glad to assist you.

-------------------------

- PKI Support

9/1/2016 5:56 AM

CS RNA

Actually it is a design change in Word 2016 for Mac, while copy/paste the structure it will paste the MOL Text on your Word 2016 and the work around is Paste Special > PDF

Another workaround you need to copy/paste the structure/objects from ChemDraw to PowerPoint 2016 and then from PowerPoint 2016 to Word 2016 so that you will get ChemDraw structure/objects pasted instead of MOL Text, which can be edited by copy/paste from Word 2016 to ChemDraw.

- PKI Support

9/16/2016 10:48 AM

greg

I am unable to paste special. There are no paste options - they are greyed out. It behaves as if there is nothing on the clipboard. This problem extends beyond Office 2016 to other apps such as Preview, keynote, pages, etc.

It is the same problem for Powerpoint 2016. There is no ability to paste anything - greyed out options.

4/5/2017 3:13 PM

PKI Ortega

If you copy from ChemDraw but when going to Word or Excel the paste option is grayed out, please check if you have a program called Notability installed on your computer.

If you do, please remove it from your applications folder, empty the trash and then try again.

- PKI Support

4/13/2017 3:09 AM

adpnm27

No support have it totally wrong, follow this procedure and the cut/paste will return without problems.

https://dgleich.wordpress.com/2017/01/16/fuzzy-pixelated-pdf-copy-paste-from-macos-preview/.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.