PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: ChemDraw 16 shortcuts (MacOS Sierra)
Topic Summary: Useful shortcuts not working after upgrading to CD16
Created On: 1/30/2017 3:47 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 1/30/2017 3:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

lkjijiji

Duplicating objects by dragging with the OPTION key pressed is very common and the same goes for moving objects straight (vertically or horizontally) with the SHIFT key pressed.

I used to combine this two shortcuts to duplicate objects while keeping the new copy aligned to the previous one (by pressing OPTION + SHIFT while dragging).

For some reason, this feature stopped working when I upgraded to ChemDraw 16. Could you help to fix this bug?

2/9/2017 11:54 AM

PKI Ortega

Hello,

Have you tried Command+Drag as mentioned in the user's guide to copy a selected structure instead of Option+Drag?

-------------------------

- PKI Support

2/9/2017 12:13 PM

lkjijiji

No, I only checked on Help/'Shortcuts and Hotkeys', which is empty and Help/Content, which is also empty.

The good news is that the Shift+Command combination works OK (faulty in duplicating the properties of curved elements for example where it adds fill to curves that originally dont have that). Thanks for that.

May I know where is this wonderful user guide?

PS.- Overall, I think that this version (CD16 for Mac) is a complete beta... Unreasonably slow, unstable and buged everywhere... Are there plans to release an update rather soon?

4/26/2017 8:54 AM

jimbo8876

Hi, I am having a lot of these same problems. Does your zoom in/out function work differently as well? It seems like they tried to make it smoother. It zooms in at a rate related to how fast you scroll the mouse wheel. It doesn't work very well, and I wish they hadn't changed that.

Let us know if you figure out that duplicating hotkey. I also found that to be a very useful tool.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.