Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: ChemDraw Pro 16.0 Mac Crashes On Saving
Topic Summary: Can't save file
Created On: 2/7/2017 7:58 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 2/7/2017 7:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

moehrins

If I hit "save" on a chemdraw document, the first time, the document isn't saved, and if I do it a second time, chemdraw crashes and does not save my document. Anybody else experiencing this problem? It was working fine yesterday. Overall performance is sluggish.

Chemdraw 16.0

Mac OS Sierra, 10.12.1

macbook Pro, Retina 13", Early 2015

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM

2/23/2017 4:16 PM

BDB

I am having the exact same problem.

Chemdraw 16.0

Mac OS Sierra, 12.12.1

Macbook Pro (Retina, Late 2013)

2.4 GHz i5, 4GB RAM

2/23/2017 4:16 PM

BDB

Just did it again. It's driving me nuts!

4/28/2017 9:53 PM

quantamech

I have been experiencing the same issue for months. I contacted support and they could not resolve my issue or understand the cause of it. Chemdraw has become completely unusable for me.

5/22/2017 2:53 PM

AMS

Having the same problem on iMac (Mid 2011) running OS Sierra 10.12.4

PerkinElmer: PLEASE FIX

Myself and many others have lost many hours of work as a result of this bug.

5/24/2017 4:10 PM

Chri

I ran into this bug too.

What did the trick for me was chainging Format from "Camebridgesoft Chem Draw Exchange" back to the first entry "ChemDraw"
Strangely the first one doesn't even show up in the list after you selected another Format.

6/1/2017 3:51 PM

xuetaoshi

I had the same problem. My workaround was to copy paste into a new file, save it as pdf. The pdf can be edited by ChemDraw now (don't know when they added this functionality) just like the cdx or cdxml format.

The exact trigger for me seems to be that for cdx or cdxml format, if you make a completely new one from scratch, you can save, edit, save, etc. without any problem. But as soon as you close that file in ChemDraw and reopen it, this file now will always have this save problem.

6/12/2017 11:12 AM

grude

I had this same problem with chemdraw 16 on mac os 10 el capitan. Opening a cdx file, moving a structure and trying to save would crash chemdraw.

I solved it in the chemdraw settings. Open/save file type should be the chemdraw cdx default.

Hope this helps.

6/19/2017 2:36 AM

Go

All works fine for me if I open a brandnew cdx file and save it under a new name before doing anything else. Following this, I can copy into it and do whatever, and all is good.

6/28/2017 11:27 PM

PKI Ortega

We have found this issue in some user machine and the workaround for this issue is to reset the launch services database.

To reset the launch services database, open Terminal by going to Applications - Utilities - Terminal in your mac machine and paste the command below:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user ; killall Dock

This may take a while if you have lots of apps (20-30 minutes or more).

http://www.cambridgesoft.com/support/DesktopSupport/KnowledgeBase/FAQ/details/Default.aspx?TechNote=3529

-------------------------

- PKI Support

7/23/2017 12:05 PM

AMS

Originally posted by: PKI Ortega We have found this issue in some user machine and the workaround for this issue is to reset the launch services database. To reset the launch services database, open Terminal by going to Applications - Utilities - Terminal in your mac machine and paste the command below: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user ; killall Dock This may take a while if you have lots of apps (20-30 minutes or more). http://www.cambridgesoft.com/support/DesktopSupport/KnowledgeBase/FAQ/details/Default.aspx?TechNote=3529

THANKS! So far, this has resolved the issue for me.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.