PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Support for high DPI screens?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 4/11/2017 9:39 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 4/11/2017 9:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Skippy

I just bought a new computer with a high DPI display (3840 x 2160) and the icons on ChemDraw are incredibly small. Is there a fix for this problem? I have seen multiple posts about this from other users and have not been able to find a solution for it.

4/20/2017 10:19 AM

PKI Ortega

Hello,

I am afraid the current version of ChemDraw does not support 4K or high DPI displays. The only possible workaround is to play around with your display settings increasing the zoom level to 125%. This will of course affect other programs and most likely will not completly fix the problem.

Our development team is aware of this issue and we hope to support high DPI displays in a future release of the software.

Please monitor our news feed for any update on this issue http://www.cambridgesoft.com/services/SupportNews/

-------------------------

- PKI Support

6/11/2017 10:23 AM

AgentK7

For those with high DPI screens, I think I've found a fix!

• Locate ChemDraw in File Explorer
  • Right click the application and select Properties
  • Click on the Compatability tab
  • Under the Settings heading, there's an "Override high DPI scaling behaviour." box, tick it
  • Click on the drop down box under it and select System
  • Click Apply
This worked for me on my Surface Pro 4 with ChemDraw 16.0, hopefully, it'll work on your Windows systems too! I feel like crying with joy after discovering this, it's changed my life as an undergrad chemist :D
You'll have to repeat this process with the rest of the ChemOffice programs. This also works for Avogadro for me, so hopefully this is a general fix for these programs that don't support high DPI screens

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.