Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: chemdraw plugin vs chemdraw direct
Topic Summary: web chemdraw
Created On: 5/26/2017 4:24 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 5/26/2017 4:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Hi there,

I am planing to develop a web discussion portal for my chemistry students to discuss organic chemistry online. Being so, I would like to have a chemdraw interface on the webpage using which the users can draw, submit, edit molecular structures.

Now I am lot confused about the type of chemdraw I would need to have for this purpose. My students are all given PC version of chemdraw (we have a site subscription at NTU) but would that suffice? If so please let me know how it can be embedded in the website. Or Do I need to purchase chemdraw-direct? May I know what makes it different from the plugin. (Please explain in laymen terms)

thank you, regards, Kumar

6/20/2017 9:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

PKI Ortega

The main difference is that the old plugin was an ActiveX plugin and right now only Internet Explorer is the only browser that still supports it. Newer versions of Firefox and Chrome no longer support it.

The new ChemDraw Direct is built in Java and HTML and will be supported on any browser.

In order to use ChemDraw direct you can test it for free here:

But in order to include it as part of your website you will need to get in touch with our Sales Team in order to purchase it separately.

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.