Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Unable to re-edit them draw image pasted into Word 2016
Topic Summary:
Created On: 9/29/2017 1:24 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 9/29/2017 1:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

AL1992

Hi there,

I am working on a Mac and I have downloaded ChemDraw 2016 for mac. I also have Microsoft Word for Mac (2016).

I want to copy and paste an image from ChemDraw into my Word 2016 document but when I do it pastes as a PDF, and I am unable to re-edit the image. There is no other pasting optiion and I was wondering if anyone knew how to resolve this issue as I can't work or edit any of my procedures/structures easily as they just paste as PDF images.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

10/5/2017 11:45 AM

PKI Ortega

Hello,

Pasting as PDF if the correct option. Please keep in mind double-clicking on the structure from MS Word to edit it does not work on Mac.

In order to edit the structure you need to copy it from MS Word and paste it again in ChemDraw to be able to edit it.

This does not work if the word document you have with structures was created in Word for Windows.

-------------------------

- PKI Support

10/13/2017 3:04 AM

CS RNA

Actually it is a design change in Word 2016 for Mac, while copy/paste the structure it will paste the MOL Text on your Word 2016 and the work around is Paste Special > PDF. The following FAQ address your copy/paste issue.

http://www.cambridgesoft.com/support/DesktopSupport/KnowledgeBase/FAQ/details/Default.aspx?TechNote=3307&KBCats=2&KBTopics=3&KBOS=Mac

Another workaround you need to copy/paste the structure/objects from ChemDraw to PowerPoint 2016 and then from PowerPoint 2016 to Word 2016 so that you will get ChemDraw structure/objects pasted instead of MOL Text, which can be edited by copy/paste from Word 2016 to ChemDraw

-------------------------

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.