Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: ChemDraw 17.0 on Mac crashes
Topic Summary:
Created On: 1/3/2018 4:31 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 1/3/2018 4:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

faba

Hallo,

I am experiencing annoying problems with ChemDraw 17.0. It crashes frequently, e.g. when I am trying to move a scheme or formate the text. I am working on IMac with macOS Sierra 10.12.6.
Thank you in advance for your help.

1/3/2018 5:56 AM

faba

In addition, some documents I was working on during the crash cannot be re-opened.

1/4/2018 4:24 AM

CS RNA

May be the issue specific to the scheme, please visit http://www.cambridgesoft.com/contact/support/ to submit a ticket, to get assistance from our Tech Support Team.
It would be helpful if you can send a sample file that is not behaving properly so that we can reproduce the problem here.

-------------------------

- PKI Support

1/8/2018 10:26 AM

faba

Thank you for the quick answer. So I opened a completely new scheme, did not copy anything from the old ones into it and it seems more stable. As you suggest, it seems to be a specific problem, which was transfered to other schemes.
I will also submit the ticket, so that you can find out what is wrong.

2/2/2018 11:33 AM

notsam

Several users at my lab are reporting the same problem with ChemDraw 17: selecting and moving structures in certain documents causes ChemDraw to crash. Curiously, saving the document in another format (e.g., .mrv) with another structure drawing application, reopening and then resaving as .cdx fixes the problem once opened in ChemDraw.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.