Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Pasting ChemDraw to MS Word 2013
Topic Summary: Pasting ChemDraw as Pictures (Enhanced Metafiles) in Word 2013
Created On: 2/19/2018 6:50 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 2/19/2018 6:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RSD15

I have often pasted ChemDraw structures into Word documents as pictures (enhanced metafiles). This can minimize the file size of a document when multiple structures or schemes are pasted. It also prevents others from editing the ChemDraw structures (if necessary).

When I recently tried to perform a paste special from ChemDraw Pro 17.0.0.206 to Word 2013 as picture (enhanced metafile), most of the ChemDraw scheme pasted correctly, but a caption under one structure wrapped into a long vertical line.

I have never seen this error on previous versions of ChemDraw and MS Word.

Thanks.

2/20/2018 9:33 AM

CS PKumar

Hello,

I just tried the steps below and did not face any issue while pasting the ChemDraw structure and the caption below in Microsoft Word. I tried using ChemDraw 17.0 with Microsoft Word 2013 32 bit on my Windows 7 machine.

1. Draw a structure like Benzene in ChemDraw.

2. Put the caption like 'Benzene'.

3. Paste the structure in Microsoft Word by going to Paste - Paste Special - Picture (Enhanced Metafile).

It pasted the structure with Benzene name. If you are facing an issue with any specific ChemDraw structure and the caption, please contact informatics.support@perkinelmer.com with the sample file.

----------------------------------

PKI Support

2/20/2018 11:53 AM

RSD15

Thank you for your response. I tried your suggestion with benzene and it worked fine.

I found that most of the reaction scheme and structures pasted correctly, but only one caption was corrupted. When I deleted most of the other structures from the scheme and moved the remaining structure, the paste special works correctly.

However, If I leave the structure where it was originally in the scheme, but delete the remaining structures, the paste special function again is corrupted.

I will contact Informatics Support with this issue as you suggested.

Thanks.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.