Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Pasting ChemDraw to MS Word 2013
Topic Summary: Pasting ChemDraw as Pictures (Enhanced Metafiles) in Word 2013
Created On: 2/19/2018 6:50 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 2/19/2018 6:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

I have often pasted ChemDraw structures into Word documents as pictures (enhanced metafiles). This can minimize the file size of a document when multiple structures or schemes are pasted. It also prevents others from editing the ChemDraw structures (if necessary).

When I recently tried to perform a paste special from ChemDraw Pro to Word 2013 as picture (enhanced metafile), most of the ChemDraw scheme pasted correctly, but a caption under one structure wrapped into a long vertical line.

I have never seen this error on previous versions of ChemDraw and MS Word.

2/20/2018 9:33 AM

CS PKumar

I just tried the steps below and did not face any issue while pasting the ChemDraw structure and the caption below in Microsoft Word. I tried using ChemDraw 17.0 with Microsoft Word 2013 32 bit on my Windows 7 machine.

1. Draw a structure like Benzene in ChemDraw.

2. Put the caption like 'Benzene'.

3. Paste the structure in Microsoft Word by going to Paste - Paste Special - Picture (Enhanced Metafile).

It pasted the structure with Benzene name. If you are facing an issue with any specific ChemDraw structure and the caption, please contact with the sample file.

PKI Support

2/20/2018 11:53 AM

Thank you for your response. I tried your suggestion with benzene and it worked fine.

I found that most of the reaction scheme and structures pasted correctly, but only one caption was corrupted. When I deleted most of the other structures from the scheme and moved the remaining structure, the paste special works correctly.

However, If I leave the structure where it was originally in the scheme, but delete the remaining structures, the paste special function again is corrupted.

I will contact Informatics Support with this issue as you suggested.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.