Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Chemdraw 15/16 crashes on start
Topic Summary: It just doesn't work
Created On: 4/9/2018 1:07 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 4/9/2018 1:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Joselu

Hello, I am a PhD student of the a university licence for Chemdraw, in the past I have been using the version 15 without any problem, in a Win7 laptop

Until now, the program refused to load and when I double clicked on any chemdraw file it just crashes and the worst is that you cannot force shut down the program, it is there forever until you restart.

After many attempts to make this work I decided to uninstall it and install the version 16. It just does the same, and it is making my life terribly miserable as I NEED this program to work.

When I try to launch the program it just does nothing but it appears in the task manager, or it loads user interface but it crashes

8/14/2018 5:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CS RNA

Assuming you have ChemDraw Professional 15.0/15.1 as well as ChemDraw Professional 16.0.x on your 64 bit Windows

First take a backup of Templates and Stylesheets created by you, which are present in the ChemDraw Items folder

ie.

For v16.0

"C:\ProgramData\CambridgeSoft\ChemOffice2016\ChemDraw\ChemDraw Items" folder

For v15.0/v.15.1

"C:\ProgramData\CambridgeSoft\ChemOffice2015\ChemDraw\ChemDraw Items" folder

We recommend to copy/paste the entire ChemDraw Items folder in a different location (eg. on your Desktop)

If you don't have any Templates and Stylesheets created by you, then ignore the above step.

Then uninstall both v15.x and v16.0.x components using Programs and Features from the Control panel (if it exists).
ie.

PerkinElmer ChemDraw ActiveX Enterprise Constant 15.0/15.1

PerkinElmer ChemDraw Professional 15.0/15.1
PerkinElmer ChemOffice 64-bit Support 15.0/15.1
PerkinElmer ChemScript 15.0/15.1
PerkinElmer ChemDraw Professional 16.0
PerkinElmer ChemOffice 64-bit Support 16.0
PerkinElmer ChemScript 16.0

After it is uninstalled, go to the Start menu and choose Run. Type regedit and then click OK. This will open up the Registry editor.

In the left pane of the Registry editor, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then Software and then Wow6432Node. Click once on the PerkinElmerInformatics folder in this Software folder, and then press the Delete key on your keyboard to delete this file and its contents. Now expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then Software. Delete the PerkinElmerInformatics folder here, too.

Now install v16.0 and retest the issue.

If you still run in to any problem, please visit http://www.cambridgesoft.com/contact/support/ to submit a ticket, to get assistance from our Tech Support Team

-------------------------

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.