Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: excel file with "=embed" function
Topic Summary: troubleshooting excel file with ChemOffice15 add in
Created On: 5/8/2018 4:09 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 5/8/2018 4:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

TimTimTim

Hello,

I have a series of excel files that contain structures and text boxes pasted into cells with the function '=EMBED("ChemDraw.Document.6.0","")'

While I can double click on these objects to edit them in chemdraw, none of the functional aspects of add in work (e.g. exporting to SD file, "Molecule>Copy As>",...)

Is there a way to convert the embedded objects in the excel file (XLSX) or open the table in a different chem office software that will preserve the table contents?

thanks,

Tim

PS- UPDATE- My end goal is to convert these structures into SMILES strings "in bulk" and preserve the order/association with the data.

5/10/2018 7:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

PKI Ortega

Hi,

Is the issue only happening with these existing files? If you create a new ChemOffice Worksheet does it work fine?

If the issue is only with those old files, it's possible that the documet was created with a very old version of Excel or even copied and pasted in Mac and not using the Excel Addin.

If it works fine with new files then you might not be able to convert those old ones in bulk. You could end up having to create a new ChemOffice Workbook and then copying and pasting the structures there.

-------------------------

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.