Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Adding new clipware
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/16/2010 3:02 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/16/2010 3:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

fish

I like the clipware feature of ChemDraw a lot but can I download additional template packages or add my own pictures to use as clipware templates in ChemDraw? Just there I tried to draw an apparatus which I do not know the name of but I couldn't find a watch glass or lipless beaker in there.
 8/3/2011 4:11 PM

black015

You can. In the File menu, choose "Open Templates" and choose the one you want to modify. In the Edit menu, you can add rows or columns as desired. Click on an empty cell and draw your picture. You can add molecules easily, but you can also make lab apparatus using the drawing tools; modify the given glassware; or paste in your clip art. I just finished adding a S/T joint to the bottom of the provided sep funnel to make it into an addition funnel, then pasted in a JPEG of a Keck clip and drew a lab-jack from scratch.
Note that you'll need one of the upper-level versions to edit templates. The basic version lets you use existing templates only.
 9/9/2011 10:13 AM

CS RNA

Yes, using ChemDraw Ultra or ChemBioDraw Ultra application you can add/edit the templates. You will find more information. A wide coverage on the basics is provided in the ChemBioDraw Help as well as in the manual. You can download the v12.0 manual from the following link (by selecting the product ChemDraw/ChemBioDraw).

http://www.cambridgesoft.com/services/DesktopSupport/Documentation/Manuals/

-------------------------

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.