PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Stacked Labels Pasting into Word 2016 from ChemDraw 18
Topic Summary: Pasting structures into Word switches all atoms labels to stacked alignment
Created On: 11/11/2018 5:18 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/11/2018 5:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

PeteB

A week ago I updated to ChemDraw 18. Since then i have not been able to paste a structure from ChemDraw into Word without issue. A properly formatted structure in ChemDraw will end up with all atom labels having the stacked alignment. Note - this is not just for labels in the middle of a chain, rather, labels at the end also take on a stacked alignment. Even subscripts will line up vertically rather - a different behavior than a "Stacked Vertically" text alignment option applied within ChemDraw.

Copies of the docx, cdx, and a pdf are included at the following link: https://pitt.box.com/s/tmczz867u5js4hfxzpmufl9a5elcolsf

So far I have uninstalled ChemOffice, restarted, and reinstalled. No luck.

Any ideas?

11/20/2018 1:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CS RNA

I tried to reproduce the problem (ChemDraw Professional 18.0/MS Office 2016 (32 bit) on my Windows 10 machine) using your sample ChemDraw document, but I couldn't

I am not sure about your MS Office 2016 version (32 bit or 64 bit) also not sure about your OS.

If you have 64 bit MS Office 2016, we recommend to retest with 32 bit MS Office 2016

If you have 32 bit MS Office 2016 and you have this on your Windows machine then, please visit http://www.cambridgesoft.com/contact/support/ to submit a ticket along with the sample document, to get assistance from the PerkinElmer Technical Support Team.

-------------------------

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.