Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: ppt, chemdraw,adobe presenter
Topic Summary: chemdraw images do not show
Created On: 1/22/2011 2:43 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 1/22/2011 2:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

bsf

I recently created a podcast for my organic chemistry students. Images from ChemBioDraw Ultra 12.0 were cut and pasted into Powerpoint 12.2 (MS Office 8 for MAC) on my MAC (leopard OS).
The podcast linked to ppt slides was created at the university using the Adobe 7 Presenter software. The podcast was put into Blackboard. All seemed fine until I looked at the final product. The chemdraw images do not show in the ppt slides, even though I can see them in the thumbnail images in Presenter.

What can I do?? Any experience with this? I assume I must be missing something simple.

Thanks
 1/26/2011 12:49 AM

bsf

The IT people told me it has to do with the cdx format is a vector file and ppt/Presenter needs images in a raster file format. Saving the cdx as a png or other file and then inserting it as a picture into ppt should work. I will try it and see.
 6/10/2020 3:04 AM

DanielPi

Hello,

I'm a Ph.D. student from Technical University of Gabrovo, I'm using Corel Draw and ChemBioDraw Ultra for my university project. Can I just do a Print Screen of vector images and paste them into a ppt slide? They automatially become raster, right?

Edited: 6/16/2020 at 11:08 AM by PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum Moderator

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.