Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Chemdraw 17.0 Bond Lengths Not Fixed
Topic Summary:
Created On: 7/27/2019 10:12 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 7/27/2019 10:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

lucasher7

When I try drawing a structure in Chemdraw 17.0, the bond lengths are not fixed when I click and drag. Instead, I click and can make the bond any distance and it does not stop. They are only fixed when I click on an atom and allow the software to draw the bond itself. This is a problem as then I cannot make bonds at a specific angle.

8/6/2019 9:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CS RNA

We are not sure about the structure as well as the bond that you are trying to move.

Assuming you are moving the bond connected to a ring structure - after selecting the two atoms used to create the bond (eg., in methyl cyclohexane, if you select the bond that connect the methyl carbon and the carbon atom present in the cyclohexane ring in which the methy group connected, then the bond distance of the two bonds connected to the ring carbon incresaes; you can correct this using "Clean Up Structure" function).

Please visit http://informatics.perkinelmer.com/Support/Contact/ to submit a ticket (or send an email to informatics.support@perkinelmer.com), to get assistance from our Tech Support Team

-------------------------

- PKI Support

Edited: 8/6/2019 at 9:50 PM by CS RNA

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.