Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: ChemDraw19 crash when entering sample mass below 1mmol
Topic Summary:
Created On: 1/10/2020 3:13 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 1/10/2020 3:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Waldgnom

When I draw a reaction in ChemDraw and hit Analyze Stochiometry, i can't enter a sample mass which would be below 1 mmol of reactant moles, because then ChemDraw just crashes. This error is reproducible with any reaction. In Chemdraw 17, which i was using before, this worked totally fine.

I have ChemDraw Version 19.0.1.28.

1/12/2020 9:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CS RNA

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Assuming you have the symbol "µ” in your Stoichiometry Grid.

We aware an issue (unable to open ChemDraw documents created using prior versions which contain symbol (eg "µ" )in the Stoichiometry Grid). In the current version if you have the value in µg (eg if you change the sample mass of a reactant from 200.00 mg to 0.100 mg (100.00 µg) you observe the crash. Also if you put the Sample Mass 55.00 mg, ChemDraw calculate and populate the value for Reactants and Products (i.e Reactant Moles as 1.02 µ mole and the expected Moles for the product as 1.02 µ mole). Due to the µ symbol you got the crash.

You will get more information from the following FAQs

http://informatics.perkinelmer.com/Support/KnowledgeBase/details/Default.aspx?TechNote=11123

http://informatics.perkinelmer.com/Support/KnowledgeBase/details/Default.aspx?TechNote=11121

The issue already fixed; available in the future update

Meanwhile we recommend to use our v18.2.0.48 (You can get the v18.2 installer through your Flexnet account - you need to select the Prior version tab) or multiply all quantities (present in the Stoichiometry Grid) by 1000 - just for the calculation.

-------------------------

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.