PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Future of ChemBioOffice
Topic Summary: Platform support moving forward.
Created On: 1/31/2011 10:31 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 1/31/2011 10:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Terin

I have been reading the compatability notes for ChemBioOffice, and am curious about platform support for the future. My brother has been a long term user of the software, and would espouse of the great support for Mac OS. Of course, he is a long time, die-hard Mac enthusiast.

But, that trend seems to be shifting more towards Windows, which is understandable given the necessity to monetize the product.

I'm asking because I'm actually trying to make a platform decision, and the ChemBioOffice software is perhaps the largest factor in determining which platform to purchase. My use will be as a student majoring in chemistry.

So, my question is the simple Mac vs. Windows question without the two guys on a white background set.

And, are there plans to support the 64 bit Windows in the future? I have read all the current requirements and compatability notes pages, so no need to point me in that direction. I'm pasting the latest 64 bit compatability notes below.

Regards,

Terin

64-bit Windows
Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate (64 bit), and Enterprise (64 bit) are now supported with the following caveats:

1. NOT supported for ChemFinder for Office or BioAssay

2. 64-bit IE is not supported for Chemdraw and Chem3D controls, only 32-bit IE is.

3. The SQL Server Express installer that ships with our 2010 release is the 32-bit version. Customers who want to run on a 64-bit system will need to instead run the 64-bit version, with the appropriate settings http://download.microsoft.com/...9D697E/sqlncli_x64.msi

No other 64-bit versions of Windows have been tested and are therefore not supported.

2/22/2011 10:36 AM

quintus

It works in 64 bit windows. It just installs into the 32bit folder.
 5/2/2011 4:23 PM

CS Talbot

As a policy, we cannot comment on future plans. Also, although not officially qualified or supported, many Mac users who want to access all the features that the Windows version of our suites offer often use a virtual Windows environment through third part tools such as VMWare Fusion.

-------------------------

- PerkinElmer Informatics Support

6/16/2020 6:51 AM

Altenburger

Hello,

I'm a PhD student from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology doing my thesis on food toxicology (my course in Food and Chemical Toxicology). Need help with the installation packages of BioViz and BioAssay (I'm using PLA 3.0 Bioassay Software)

Edited: 6/16/2020 at 9:54 AM by PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum Moderator
 6/16/2020 9:56 AM

CS RNA

We are not sure about the product as well as the version of product for which you have license.

Please visit http://informatics.perkinelmer.com/Support/Contact/ to submit a ticket (or send an email to informatics.support@perkinelmer.com), to get assistance from our Tech Support Team

-------------------------

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.