Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Swap H and C in an alkyl chain label
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/22/2020 5:19 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/22/2020 5:19 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

iacchi

Hello,

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I haven't manage to find anything with a search. I'm drawing a molecule and I need to add an alkyl chain as a side label (e.g. C6H13). If said label is on the right of the molecule, all is good in the world, and the bond is attached to the C6 part of the label. If the label is on the left, however, the bond is attached to the H13 part of the label (i.e. the label is still written C6H13 instead of H13C6), which is not goo. I even have an alkoxy chain that is currently written as C6H13O instead of H13C6O. How can I swap the positions of C and H, so that the label reads correctly?

12/28/2020 10:52 PM

CS RNA

If I understand correctly, you are trying to get the single bond on the Carbon atom present in the lable. Is that accurate?

If so, select the lable using Lasso or Marque tool and then right click then select 'Algnment' from the Context menu. Then click on the 'Flush Left' from the sub menu that pops up. Alternatively you can click the Shift + Ctrl + L keys

-------------------------

- PKI Support

12/31/2020 7:15 PM

iacchi

Thank you for the reply. I thought I remebered something like that, so I tried that already. However, the result is not quite what I want. This is how the label is before:

And this is how it becomes after flushing left:

Indeed the order is correct now relative to the bond, but the overall position is quite bad. Even if I move the label around, I can get the bond a bit longer but the text still goes in the wrong direction. I'd like to have the lable in the same position of the first image, but with the two atoms swapped. Is there a way?

1/27/2021 10:45 AM

CS RNA

Currently it is not possible.

Let me pass on this information to the R&D team for future consideration

-------------------------

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.