PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: "Bolded" structures when using Word 2004 (OSX) and ChemBioDraw Ultra 12
Topic Summary:
Created On: 4/9/2011 2:09 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 4/9/2011 2:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

emalc

I've noticed a new glitch in the interface between Word 2004 (OSX) and ChemBioDraw Ultra 12.0 - when I paste structures/objects that don't contain any text into a Word document, the structure gets a "bolded" look. For example, a plain benzene ring gets the heavier lines, but if I make one of the atoms a nitrogen, then it shows up with the proper line weight in Word. (It looks correct in ChemDraw, even after copying the odd looking Word version and pasting it back in ChemDraw.) The placement of the text doesn't matter - it can be a part of a structure or a free standing text box - but it needs to be a part of the same Copy/Paste action.

Is this a known issue? For my near-term tasks I can just make certain I have some text in all of my objects, but long term that's not feasible. I'm running on OSX 10.5.8. Thanks for any insight you can give!

5/2/2011 2:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CS Talbot

What happens if you print the document? Does it print bolded? You might have a look at your ChemDraw preferences. Try turning off/on "Add PDF to Clipboard". If that does not help, try the same for "Optimize Pictures for High Resolution Non-PostScript Printing. If that does not help, try the same for "Use Antialiasing". If that does not help, try saving as a TIFF file and inserting that into Word as a temporary solution (you cannot edit the TIFF, so you would also need to save the original ChemDraw doc if you needed to update it). Contact our Support department if you continue to have problems and be sure to include a sample ChemDraw file and a sample Word document that shows the problem.

-------------------------

- PerkinElmer Informatics Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.