Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: export E-notebook to PDF
Topic Summary:
Created On: 3/15/2010 11:42 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 3/15/2010 11:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jojo

Hi!
I am looking for a way to quickly export a whole e-notebook (containing hundreds of experiments) to either one big, or all separate PDF files, so that one can share this digital labjournal easily between different people in the lab, who do not have Chemdraw, not the same version of the E-notebook, etc.
Is this possible in E-Notebook 12?
Best,
Joris
 3/16/2010 6:40 AM

CS RNA

Currently it is not possible to export the entire notebook to Word/PDF; you can only able to export one page at a time.

-------------------------

- PKI Support

7/4/2011 2:01 PM

Don Tom

Hi, I had the same problem and I just found out a method to do so. It is not the most elegant one, but it works and saves a lot of work.

1. Download and install Autohotkey here: http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

2. Using Notepad, create a new file called "something.ahk" on your desktop.

3. The file should contain the correct keystroke sequence. Here is the one that works with me (copy-paste the qoute into Notepad):

^w::

Loop 140

{

Send {Down}

Sleep 2000

Send {LAlt}

Sleep 500

Send {e}

Sleep 1000

Send {Enter}

Sleep 500

Send {Enter}

Sleep 500

Send +{Tab}

Sleep 500

Send {Space}

Sleep 500

Send {e}

Sleep 25000

Send +{Tab 2}

}

"^w" means that the script will run as soon as you press Ctrl-W. You can take any other combination you wish.

The number 140 in the beginning is the amount of repetitions, you might want to change that to a small number (2 or 3) to test if the script works on your system, and afterwards to the number of experiments you have to export. The numbers after "Sleep" is the pause in milliseconds before the next step. They may be reduced, but I think it is better to keep the process slow to keep it more stable. Also, it is more fun to watch the computer do each step for you :-).

4. Save the file (using the .ahk extension) to your desktop and double-click it.

5. Open and log on to E-Notebook, select the first experiment you want to export (if possible, one experiment before that) on the left side of the screen, e.g. DT-001 and press Ctrl-W (or the key combo you chose in step 3). Watch the magic.

6. After the process is done, you have a collection of files called DT-002.doc, DT-003.doc etc.

2/24/2012 12:30 PM

samule

could you please specify where the file suppose to be?

got it, i read the help file and change the script.

thank you for letting the life easy. Don Tom

Edited: 2/24/2012 at 6:22 PM by samule
 11/4/2015 2:11 AM

Evan

Hi, Samule.

As for myself, I have seldom tried to export screen images to PDF. I wonder have you ever worked it out? Do I need another 3rd party manual toolkit? When it comes PDF conversion process, I have another question, I wonder have you ever tried to convert pdf to other image files before? As for myself, I am testing the related PDF to PNG converting , PDF to BMP converting , and PDF to JPG converting programs these days. Do you have experience about it? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Pan

----------------------------------------------------------------

Related: pdf conversion; convert pdf to image

7/30/2016 4:50 AM

AnkitNagpal

try this free app for that http://pdf-to-jpg-convert.en.softonic.com

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.