Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: E-notebook 13 search error
Topic Summary:
Created On: 4/9/2015 2:07 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 4/9/2015 2:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

mvamos

We receive an error upon trying to search by structure or keyword in E-Notebook 13.0. Our error window (TASKS: TBI/mvamos - E-Notebook SQL Server 13.0 Instance Tasks) says: "Sorry, an error occurred while executing the SQL "BuildReverseKeywords": Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.."

We really need the search function to work in our software, so hopefully you can provide some helpful advice.

Thank you.

4/10/2015 1:36 AM

CS RNA

This is not a known issue.

Please check your SQL Server Full -Text Search service is running or not. If not, restart the service, and retest the problem. If you need further assistance, please visit http://www.cambridgesoft.com/contact/support/ to submit a ticket, to get assistance from our Tech Support Team

-------------------------

- PKI Support

4/13/2015 12:52 PM

mvamos

@CS RNA:
How can I check that SQL Server Full -Text Search service is running? Can I do so from a client connection or do I have to do so from the server desktop?
 4/15/2015 7:37 AM

CS RNA

Through SQL Server Configuration Manager (Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 > Configuration Tools), you can find the status of the SQL Server services.

Make sure, SQL Server (CSSQL08), SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher (CSSSQL08) and SQL Server Browser services are started and running correctly.

You need to check this on the server machine (ie the machine contains the SQL server and the database files).

If you still run in to any problem, please visit http://www.cambridgesoft.com/contact/support/ to submit a ticket, to get assistance from our Tech Support Team.

- PKI Support

4/15/2015 12:59 PM

mvamos

I performed this check on the database host. All of those services were running. One of them was not set to automatic, however. I changed this to automatic startup (even though already running). It did not help the problem though.

I noticed one of the services that you did not list but that was present was stopped. It would not allow me to start this service though.
 4/16/2015 1:17 AM

CS RNA

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, the issue is specific to your machine/database, so it is not possible to provide further suggestion/solution through forum.

Please visit http://www.cambridgesoft.com/contact/support/ to submit a ticket, to get assistance from our Tech Support Team.

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.