Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: E-notebook 13 Offline Expts folder
Topic Summary:
Created On: 4/14/2015 12:06 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 4/14/2015 12:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

mvamos

I was forced to delete my original offline folder within E-Notebook (instructed to do so by CS support). The problem is that, although I was told it would repopulate with the experiments upon re-login, it didn't. Now I cannot work offline as I could before.

My offline folder data under C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\CambridgeSoft\E-Notebook\13.0\ENOffline\EFEA9BD1-EACF-4568-A1C4-105743B2B7E6 still seems present. Is it possible that E-Notebook just doesn't know to look here to find the data? And that this can be repaired by modifying one of the XML files under that directory?

I also tried copying and pasting this ENOFFline folder into C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\.
 4/15/2015 7:55 AM

CS RNA

Usually, our Tech support team ask the user to remove the ENOffline (Physical) folder present in the “C Drive”. You will get more information from the following FAQ.

http://www.cambridgesoft.com/support/DesktopSupport/KnowledgeBase/FAQ/details/Default.aspx?TechNote=1091&l=en

[Say

1. Make sure that E-Notebook is closed
2. Browse to the following folder:

For Window XP “C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXX\Local Settings\Temp\ENOffline" folder (Where XXXXX is your login name)
For Windows Vista and Windows 7 "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\ENOffline” folder (Where XXXXX is your login name)

3. Delete the contents of the “ENOffline” folder.
4. Log back into E-Notebook and wait until E-Notebook finishes rebuilding all settings and collection.
5. Now you are able access E-Notebook 12.0]

-------------------------

- PKI Support

Edited: 4/15/2015 at 9:51 AM by CS RNA
 4/15/2015 12:52 PM

mvamos

The problem is that information is incorrect. Win7 versions of CBO13 place the ENOffline folder in the following path:

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\CambridgeSoft\E-Notebook\13.0\ENOffline

I have tried deleting that folder multiple times. It doesn't work. EN recreates the folder upon login, but the Offline folder in EN is empty. I cannot import files into it either!

I have also tried pasting this ENOffline folder into the path you mention above. This also doesn't work.
 8/11/2015 3:12 PM

eafeagge

Bump. I have the same exact problem. Like exactly the same, none of the above solutions have worked. Any updates on this?

8/11/2015 3:49 PM

mvamos

Never could get my old offline data back. Once a new notebook was created, the offline version of that notebook generates correctly, though.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.