PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Inventory: Migrating positions on an inventory list into a different inventory list
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/22/2015 3:46 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/22/2015 3:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

IzabelaW

Hello,

We are having a certain issue in our lab inventory and I will try to explain it as well as I can..

There are 4 labs in our building, each of which has their own set of chemicals. We have licenses for each lab computer and from each computer we are able to access the Inventory list for chemicals from all our labs.

Now, one of those 4 labs has had an Inventory list that was not networked and therefore was separate from all the other ones.

Is it possible to somehow add the Inventory positions from our separate Inventory to the general, networked one?

I have read a few related subjects in you FAQ list but the closest one I could find is adding a list of chemicals from an Excel spreadsheet, however the chemical list of the separate lab is in the Inventory program, not on an excel spreadsheet.

I really hope I've explained my issue well. If not, please let me know and I can provide additional information.

Thank you very much in advance,

Izabela

10/29/2015 2:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CS RNA

Unfortunately it is not possible to merge/manage different Inventory database (because each one have it own SQL database). For your need we recommend to have a shared Inventory database.

For that you need to have one Inventory database (as a server) and you need to configure in such a way to connect the server from other Inventory application (say client; for that you need to give read and write access to the database folder and MST Files folder and point that server and MST Files location from your Client Inventory application)

If you need further assistance, please visit http://www.cambridgesoft.com/contact/support/ to submit a ticket, to get assistance from our Tech Support Team

-------------------------

- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.