Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Barcode printer doesn't print
Topic Summary: Zebra, printer, barcode, network, inventory
Created On: 10/10/2012 3:55 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/10/2012 3:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CS Bello

Issue:
We have setup a Zebra barcode printer on our local network following the Inventory guide. The printer is accessible from any client computers and seems to be available from Inventory. Local barcode reports can be printed, but when the network printer option is used, nothing comes out of the printer.

10/10/2012 4:06 PM

CS Bello

Answer:

Looks like the printer is setup correctly and accessible on the network. Two things should be checked:

1- When a label is sent to the printer, a temporary file is created in C:\Temp. Please check it's being created. Change the folder's permissions accordingly in case they are not being created.

2- Check the label format file being used by Inventory and the Zebra printer. It should look similar to this and be stored in the location specified in Label Printers table in Inventory.

^XA
^LH500,10
^BY4
^BC,120,N
^FD$BARCODE$^FS
^LH460,140
^FB400,4,10,L
^AO,15
^FD$SUBSTANCE_NAME$^FS
^PQ$NUM_COPIES$
^XZ

Fields can be added if needed. For this example only the barcode and substance name are being printed. The code is in ZPL language.

8/9/2013 2:39 AM

oliverwefe

Did the that work? If it did not, you can empoy a free barcode printer. Just put this on google and you can find so much related tools. This is one of them. Here you can read this barcode creation guide.

8/22/2013 4:07 AM

alex123

hello, you said that your barcoed didn't print, I sued to meet such kind of situation, however, I found a source about barcode printer by searching for google, I'm going to use this one, of course, I haven't decided yet, if it is convenient for you, can you give me some advice about it. thanks a lot!

10/18/2013 2:22 AM

alex123

I have been trying to use php barcode generators, that basically generates images containing the barcode. I have in fact been trying this approach for a few days already, without success. The problem is when I print them it's not readable by the scanners. I have tried to change the image resolution to match that of the printer (203dpi), also tried playing with the image size and formats, but the barcodes rprinted still can't be scanned.

7/25/2014 5:21 AM

fifacoins

And so, the whole go-to market has to be changed significantly as you go in there."He also observed that while Apple has prices in the subsidized markets covered, it doesn't make for Cheap Fifa 15 Coins big sales in the contract-free markets which are popular in developing economies. He noted that with mobile phone sales achieving half a billion in 2012 there's scope for further growth for Apple in Buy Fifa 15 PC Coins the mobile industry.

http://www.fifacoins2u.com/

3/26/2015 1:51 AM

yinglin

This metallic design shows its originality from 80's style but with a lot more modern day components to soften the edge and toughness. Immediately after all, style is temporary and style is eternal.

http://www.toryburchoutletbest.com

http://www.toryburchoutletvogue.com

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.