Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: ChemDraw iPad App
Topic Summary:
Created On: 6/12/2013 2:36 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 6/12/2013 2:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

unl613

I am writing a chemistry text book that will ultimately be published as an iBook. The question is whether structures drawn in the ChemDraw iPad app can be inserted into the iBook format?

It would also be helpful to know what file extensions are available in this app to save/export structures to iBook.

6/13/2013 1:52 PM

CS Mark

You can save structures in the .cdxml format or take a screenshot of the structure and have that saved as a .jpg.

If your iBook format allows for the insertion of either of those files, then there should be no problem.
 6/13/2013 2:14 PM

CS Talbot

Are you writing the iBook on a computer or an iPad? If the iPad, you will most likely need to take a screenshot as CS Mark suggested. This will turn it into a JPG, which presumably you can insert into the application used to create your iBook. If you were writing it on a computer, and you have ChemDraw on the computer, then you would most likely be able to copy and paste depending on the application you are using to write the iBook. If you did not have ChemDraw on your computer, and only had ChemDraw for iPad, you would need to take a screenshot of the structure on your iPad, and then sync with your computer in order to get a JPG to your computer that you could presumably insert into your application.

-------------------------

- PerkinElmer Informatics Support

6/21/2013 12:31 AM

HK

I'd be interested to know what functionality you would like to incorporate within your iBook text book. These text books can certainly come to life versus their paper counterparts.

2/26/2015 3:20 AM

Gerald

I am writing article and blog for the internet marketing companies in India and other countries clients. I like this outsource article writing business and i have lot of interest in reading more post like this. Great work done by writer here, i appreciate.

7/31/2015 4:01 AM

Kristine

This iPad app is really cool and awesome. I was creating an iBook on my iPad. The jpeg screenshot images are really awesome and are of high quality. Great work done. Congrats.

Edited: 8/5/2015 at 10:54 PM by PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum Moderator
 3/29/2016 8:20 AM

Cristine

Which functionality you would like to incorporate and what exactly issue you are facing. I am working in iOS app development firm so I would like to assist you.

10/12/2016 10:19 PM

lorena35

Saving as jpg is the easiest way

-------------------------

Estudio y me divierto

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.