Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Flick-to-Share issues
Topic Summary:
Created On: 6/17/2013 8:49 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 6/17/2013 8:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

chemguy

I'm having difficult getting Flick-to-Share to be fully operational. I've practiced with the two iPads in my home, each having both ChemDraw and Chem3d, as well as different Flick-to-Share account logged in on each iPad (for both apps).

I am able to send a file from the first iPad to the second in Chem3D but only in one direction (I can't send a file from the second to the first).

I cannot send a file in either direction using ChemDraw.

I wrote PerkinElmer support and they wrote back suggesting two things. Create different accounts and see if that works better. It didn't. I got the same result (only one-way transfer).

They also suggested it might be a firewall issue. I'm not aware of any iPad firewall setting that I might deactivate, so the only other one I can think of relates to my wirelss router, but I'm not quite sure how to alter that. Any suggestions on how I can resolve this so Flick-to-Share works fully?

Thanks!

Ed

6/18/2013 1:02 AM

chemguy

I believe I've solved the problem. My notifications were not fully enabled so I had no indication that a file had "arrived" and didn't see anyplace where I might tap to find one.

If you don't know, to enable notifications:

1. Tap Settings
2. Tap Notifications
3. In the right column, tap Chem3D (or ChemDraw)
4. Tap on Notification Center "switch" to turn it ON (if it was OFF)
5. Tap on "Alerts" in the Alert Style box (selecting "Banners" instead of "Alferts" didn't work as well for me because if you didn't tap on the Banner soon enough, it goes away, and then it wasn't obvious to me where I could find the transferred file)

Once I did that I received notifications. One to lauch the app (if it wasn't already active) and another to load the transferred file.

Ed

6/21/2013 12:28 AM

HK

Asked and answered by chemguy! Thanks for sharing. If you have any other issues please let us know. And let us know what you think of Flick-to-Share. We want user input to help us evolve our offerings!

Hans

6/3/2014 8:04 AM

kylemax

I believe you had not started the notification service before the application. When you use the application you need to come up connection layer for your push up services. If it is not found the application won’t start. So simply switch on the notification service.

Edited: 5/8/2015 at 12:17 AM by PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum Moderator

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.