PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Newest iPad-Apps (ChemDraw, Chem3D)
Topic Summary: Missing features in ChemDraw/Chem3D
Created On: 7/15/2013 4:36 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 7/15/2013 4:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RandomBiochemis..

Hey there,

I'm pretty excited that you're starting to offer your software on iOS now. However, I'm having two major concerns with ChemDraw and Chem3D.

Concerning ChemDraw - the "Convert Name to Structure" and "Convert Structure to Name"-features from the "full" Desktop Version are missing. Those come in pretty handy, so I'm a little disappointed they're not available on the iPad. Is there any chance you might implement these in a later update?

About Chem3D - on my iPad 3rd Gen it's pretty sluggish, even DNA isn't rocking smoothly. Plus, there's apprently a limit of 10k atoms per mole, which is not enough for pretty much anything biochemical.

Otherwise the apps are pretty nifty, though. Thanks for starting iOS development, I'm using your apps on a regular basis.

Thanks

a fan of your Software

7/17/2013 3:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Sue

Hi,

Actually, we already have a plan to support Name=Structure on iPad, but it might need more time to complete this feature on the new platform.

Regarding the limit of 10k atoms per molecule, we will report it to our development department. Thank you very much for your feedback!

-------------------------
- PKI Support

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.