Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Can't save analysis files in Columbus
Topic Summary: omero security violation error
Created On: 8/12/2016 9:41 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 8/12/2016 9:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

christopherhale

I'm currently unable to save an analysis file from the Image Analysis tab to a database folder in my own account. I'm getting the following error:

Columbus could not handle the request:
OMERO/Ice exception: omero::SecurityViolation

/OMERO/PerkinElmerCTG/Acapella-4.0.2/AcapellaResources/AcapellaColumbusWebapp/ProcLib/columbus/util_treeview.proc(371) [Columbus::nav_AALSaveAnalysisAs]: 
/OMERO/PerkinElmerCTG/Acapella-4.0.2/AcapellaResources/AcapellaColumbusWebapp/ProcLib/columbus/nav_analysis.proc(365) [columbus::SetAnalysis]: OMERO/Ice exception: omero::SecurityViolation 

I'm able to download the .aas file and run batch analysis; the analysis runs but after the last well, the results don't save to the database, which makes me think there might be a write restriction on a particular directory.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions/workarounds.

Thanks,
Chris

8/15/2016 5:28 AM

RAH

Hi Chris,

Does the error only appear when saving to one screen folder in particular?

Just to confirm - are you logged in to Columbus as yourself i.e. as the owner of the data in question (the user who originally imported the data)?

Do you know if the User/group data associatations have changed in Columbus? ie has your default group changed since this particular data set was imported?

If you save the analysis file to disk, then reimport whilst in the image analysis view and then save to the database - do you see the same problem?

If so I'd probably recommend that you contact the PerkinElmer Informatics support desk so that they may investigate further:

informatics.support@perkinelmer.com

RH

8/15/2016 11:50 AM

christopherhale

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your suggestions. It turns out the user's admin privileges were recently removed. The original data was uploaded when the user had admin privileges; privileges were then removed; and then we were seeing these errors when trying to save analyses. I just restored admin privileges and was able to save analyses to the user's folders again.

Thanks for your help and prompt reply!

Best,
Chris

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2021 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.