PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How to train in Columbus > Find Texture?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/14/2016 2:52 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/14/2016 2:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

DLogan

Hi, I am trying to use Columbus' "Find Texture" module by training, but I must be missing something. I setup the building block, and then click on the "Train..." button , but nothing happens when I try and then click on the image. Is there some other trick besides left-click? This just works as a pixel classifier, right? I don't necessarily need to use upstream objects or measurements, do I?

Screenshot of workflow: https://cl.ly/3O1T170l0J1I

Thanks for any advice.

David

12/5/2016 7:30 AM

RAH

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay here.

No, there's no trick to it really - just a left click on the image should start the process. The only thing I'd say is be careful that the colour you are selecting for the trained regions doesn't match the background colour of the image otherwise it's difficult to see the training regions.

In your screenshot on the right hand side in the channel/controls palette and under the heading 'Regions' it looks like the 'Trained regions' feedback colour is grey.

Hope this helps.

12/9/2016 3:21 PM

DLogan

Thanks for the reply @RAH. It is working for me now. I think I simply assumed that I would need to click-and-drag to define the area (which simply zooms in), rather than simply single left-clicks defining individual circles. I've used these sorts of UIs in other pixel-based classifiers and they either use a brush or a user-defined drawing tool, so I was thrown off by my prior assumptions, I guess. (But the ability to define very precisely the regions of each pixel class is very important in this sort of task, and IMHO clicking an invisible circle is not very precise.)

In any case, it's working now, thanks.

David

2/24/2017 9:10 AM

DLogan

Just a followup for anyone else having issue training in Columbus. I just tried to train using Select Population > PhenoLOGIC Linear Classifier, and was having trouble not seeing any circles when I left-clicked during training. I switched from Chrome browser to Firefox (on Windows) and then I could see the circles just fine with the same image analysis pipeline. I haven't tried debugging further (turning off Chrome add-ins, etc), but just a heads up for anyone else to try Firefox if having issues.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.