Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Colocalization?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 2/1/2017 10:57 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 2/1/2017 10:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

DLogan

Hi,

Is there an example of colocalization analysis using Columbus? i.e. If someone has two sets of independently identified objects, how can we measure overlap?

Thanks!

2/1/2017 2:07 PM

NW

Hi,

What values were you hoping to extract? Are you looking for volumetric/intensity measurements, e.g. % overlap, or the intensity of one channel within the bounds of another; or statistical outputs such as Pearsons correlation, etc.?

Thanks,

Nick

2/3/2017 3:58 PM

DLogan

All good questions as indeed there are many ways to quantify colocalization. This is partially theoretical since a colleague just asked me how to do this and I couldn't recall ever seeing this in Columbus.

Well, I am currently doing "intensity of one channel within the bounds of another". But I was specifically thinking of % overlap of populations (per-object),as well as "statistical outputs such as Pearsons correlation" (per image).

Thanks,
David

2/8/2017 10:20 AM

NW

Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback.

As part of Columbus 2.7 we introduced the Assay Specific Building block functionality, which allows uses to integrate a custom building block into their image analysis routines. One of our application experts has written a building block specifically designed to calculate the Pearsons correlations values for any two channels within your data set, on a per object or per image basis.

In order to unlock the Assay specific building functionality in Columbus 2.7 we would need to introduce a dedicated license file to your server. As of Columbus 2.8, the default license file that is packaged with Columbus will be sufficient to unlock the functionality.

I can help you configure the server and provide the custom building block, if your colleague would like to evaluate it?

Thanks,

Nick

2/13/2017 12:54 PM

DLogan

Thanks Nick, that sounds great. I'll follow up with you via email.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.