Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Maximum image file size for Columbus import
Topic Summary:
Created On: 1/4/2019 6:50 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 1/4/2019 6:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

DW

Is there an upper limit to the size of image files imported to Columbus?

I have been unable to successfully import TIF files > 30 MB. I am using the Import Type method 'Columbus CSV' and have had no issues importing TIF files < 30 MB. The server Job Status indicates 'Completed' for these large files but when I navigate to the images (Browse Screen), the following error appears:

___

Columbus could not handle the request:
Assertion failed: status

/usr/local/PerkinElmerCTG/Acapella-4.1.2/AcapellaResources/AcapellaColumbusWebapp/ProcLib/columbus/navigator.proc(260) [Columbus::nav_DisplayImage]: 
/usr/local/PerkinElmerCTG/Acapella-4.1.2/AcapellaResources/AcapellaColumbusWebapp/ProcLib/columbus/util_imageview.proc(262) [::Assert]: Assertion failed: status

___

A possible solution to my problem may require tiling/segmenting these large image files into smaller image files?

1/7/2019 3:52 AM

NW

Hi,

What is the resolution of the images which are >30Mb? Columbus uses the OMERO ICE interface for import so images are limited to smaller than approx. 3000x3000.

Best,

Nick

1/7/2019 2:27 PM

DW

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response and info. My images >30Mb are approximately 10000x8000 (2 micron resolution).

Would segmenting the images be my best workaround or can you recommend any other alternative(s) for Columbus import?

Best,

Devin

1/11/2019 6:35 AM

NW

Hi Devin,

Yes, you'll need to segment the images in order to get them into Columbus. Are these stitched images? If so, do you have copies of the raw tiles, with overlap?

Best,

Nick

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.