Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Analysis of timepoint data
Topic Summary: Resolve cell area measurements per well and per timepoint
Created On: 6/3/2019 5:58 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 6/3/2019 5:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CarolineA

Hello,

Hopefully somebody can help us. We have imaged cells (2 fields of view per well) over a timecourse using the CV8000 (see screenshot). We want to observe differences in cell area over time after addition of a compound. When we analyse this data we do not get a value for each timepoint (16 timepoints = 16 values), we only get 1 value per well. I am not sure whether we are analysing only 1 timepoint or if all the timepoints averaged, it is difficult to work out. I think we are not completing the "Define Results" building block correctly. If anyone has any guidance for this it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Caroline

6/3/2019 9:52 AM

NW

Hi Caroline,

If executing the script via the Image Analysis view, Columbus will only measure those fields/timepoints/planes which have been explicitly selected, which by default would be only the single field of view that is displayed on screen at the time. If you want the output for multiple timepoints you'd need to tell Columbus, by right-clicking on the "Timepoint" section of the data selection pane (as shown in your original screenshot) and selecting Multiple or All timepoints. The results output will then be generated for the selected timepoints, and would be available via the Columbus UI.

Heres an example ouptput...

In contrast, if executing the script using the Batch Analysis functionality (which would be the preferred method if analysing more that a few fields at a time), then ALL images are measured by default, theres no need to make any specific selections. In order to access the timepoint data however you'd need to export the results files via the Export view.

The output would look similar to this...

I hope this helps.

Best,
Nick

6/4/2019 10:23 AM

CarolineA

This is really helpful, thank you!

I can see all the timepoint data when I export the batch analysis results.

Many thanks,

Caroline

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.