Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Saving and restoring points on an image
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/8/2016 11:54 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/8/2016 11:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dostoina2016

Hello,

I would like to ask how can I save the points (using "point tool") I make on an image and then restore them on the image after I close the program.

The Volocity manual states that "To save a set of acquisition points, select Save Points… from the Stage menu" but I am unable to find the Stage menu or follow the directions.

Please let me know asap.

Thanks,

Katerina

11/9/2016 8:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RAH

Hi,

The 'Point tool' found in the toolbar isn't linked to the Acquisition option 'add points' which is what I believe you are referencing from the Volocity Userguide.

Are you using the 'point tool' as a means of measuring? I ask because if you aren't actually acquiring data then the option you are looking at isn't relevant to your situation - the stage add points function is purely an Acquisition tool not analysis.

If you are using the 'point' tool then you can't really save/restore points, that said, you can save the points as an overlay by storing them in a Measurement Item and then applying the measurement feedback to the original image.

- add the points to your image data
- switch to the 'measurements' view
- go to the 'measurements' menu > make measurement item (MI)

A Measurement Item will appear below the image/image sequence in the Volocity library

Open the Measurement Item alongside the image and highlight all of the rows/points and this should then apply the points back to the image data as feedback. The points are no longer interactive they literally just represent the point as an overlay on the image data.

RAH

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.