Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Experiment Size
Topic Summary:
Created On: 3/15/2013 10:09 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
Answer This question was answered by CS Gleb, on Friday, March 15, 2013 10:40 AM

Answer:

You can export an experiment to XML to see its size.

3/15/2013 10:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SRSDRM

Is there a way for a user to check the size of their active experiment to see if it is approaching the maximum size setting? Once a user adds an item to the experiment that makes the size go above the limit, he cannot save the experiment unless he discards the additional work that made the experiment exceed the size threshold. It would be useful for the user to know the current size of the experiment or perhaps to get a warning prior to getting stuck with not being able to save the work. Thanks.

3/15/2013 10:40 AM

CS Gleb

Answer Answer

You can export an experiment to XML to see its size.

-------------------------

-PerkinElmer Technical Support

3/20/2013 8:22 AM

SRSDRM

I tried exporting an experiment to XML but the total size is not reported in the XML output. I'm running version 12 Oracle Enterprise. I will see if I can write a query that could be used in our Table of Contents section that would yield the experiment size.

3/26/2013 1:05 PM

CS Gleb

The experiment size is not supposed to be included into the XML output. The size of this XML file in the file system should represent the size of your experiment.

Please check the release documentation for your version of E-Notebook to see the supported versions of Oracle.

-------------------------

-PerkinElmer Technical Support

Edited: 5/1/2013 at 4:08 PM by CS Gleb
 4/17/2013 6:00 PM

SRSDRM

Thank you for the clarification on the experiment size and XML output. What I meant about the version is that we are running E-Notebook Version 12, Oracle Enterprise edition. We are using Oracle version 11g.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.