PerkinElmer Informatics Support Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Difference Collections and Templates
Topic Summary: I could not find in the Admin Guide what is the difference when I select “Contained Collection Types” what is the differ
Created On: 1/2/2014 1:45 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
Answer This question was answered by PGore, on Thursday, January 16, 2014 5:28 PM

Answer:

The "Contained Collection Types" is used for the parent-collection types which may hold child-collection types. For example, Notebook is a parent-collection for the Experiment child-collection. When you need to add sections to the experiment, this is done via New Section FT.

The difference between "Contained Collection Types" and "Contained Collection Templates" is visible to the user when he creates his own templates in the User Configuration -> My Templates folder.

In case only "Contained Collection Types" is configured, the user may add only experiments of the allowed types but not his own updated templates.

In case both "Contained Collection Types" and "Contained Collection Templates" are configured, the user may add both types of collections -available experiment types and his own updated experiment templates from User Configuration -> My Templates folder.

1/2/2014 1:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

PGore

Answer Answer

The "Contained Collection Types" is used for the parent-collection types which may hold child-collection types. For example, Notebook is a parent-collection for the Experiment child-collection. When you need to add sections to the experiment, this is done via New Section FT.

The difference between "Contained Collection Types" and "Contained Collection Templates" is visible to the user when he creates his own templates in the User Configuration -> My Templates folder.

In case only "Contained Collection Types" is configured, the user may add only experiments of the allowed types but not his own updated templates.

In case both "Contained Collection Types" and "Contained Collection Templates" are configured, the user may add both types of collections -available experiment types and his own updated experiment templates from User Configuration -> My Templates folder.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.